Product Specialist (Downtown San Diego) – SaaS Company
Who we are:
We are a fun, energetic SaaS Technology Company with a business casual work environment with a management team that is committed to your success. Our team enjoys a great team and collaborative environment that includes spiffs, contests, and lots of opportunities for growth.
Who we are looking for:
Ideal candidate for this role is a confident, ambitious self-starter seeking to showcase their potential and who wants to add value to the company.
- Own the product vision for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert on the market and trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Build impactful, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer’s voice into the creation process. Own requirements, specifications, and release plans.
- Drive for the best customer experience possible. Work closely with UX to develop, test, and deliver assets to engineering. Work with the technology team to deliver a world-class product driven by customers, prospects, advisory teams and internal product experts. Drive the end to end feature deliver cycle.
- Measure success. Measure everything. A feature’s release does not dictate success. Define what success means for each feature and each function before it even goes to development. Develop ways to constantly define and monitor success.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product Managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently. Coordinate product release communications for your components. Define expectations for engineering teams and hold them accountable to success and failures. Work closely with Product Marketing Managers to promote your products both internally and externally and ensure a cohesive message.
- Represent Salesforce as a domain and product expert at customer interactions, industry and corporate events and online in customer community and through social networking.
- Proven ability to promote a vision that excites and inspires a cross-functional technical team.
- 5+ years of product management experience preferred, or equivalent responsibilities
- Experience working on mobile user interfaces
- Proficiency in turning customer and market needs into a compelling, successful product strategy.
- Experience presenting to executive leadership and handling sensitive customer situations.
- Strong user experience/design sense, with a record of building great products.
- Cloud computing experience is a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce products and APIs is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to lead and work autonomously.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (technical disciplines preferred).